Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Prisoner of Cell 25, Michael Vey

My friend recommended this book and I decided to read it, but had no idea what it was about. I thought it was an adult non-fiction book about a man in prison, boy was I wrong! This is a teen book and a fiction for sure. This was a fun and easy read. A typical wimpy-kid-turns-superhero type book. I had a little bit of a hard time getting past the shallow way the teenagers talked, but I guess that's actually more realistic than I'd like to believe. Still, I find it difficult to believe that these kids who can't even carry on a single conversation without insulting each other can hop in a car without telling their parents and drive across 5 states to an unknown designation without a map and then all of a sudden become experts at tactical warfare. Come to think of it, my son will probably love this book, every boy's dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment