Friday, February 10, 2012

These Is My Words

This book was recommended from a friend/author who said that it is one of the best books she has ever read for character development. I would have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. I also enjoyed this book for it's rugged adventure, heartache and sorrow followed by life consuming happiness, and events that can be applied to my daily life for strengthening in tough times. I kept finding myself referring to "the book I'm ready right now" in conversations with friends about life struggles. The only part of the book I couldn't get used to was the romantic undertones. I don't read very many books with romantic scenes and there were a few that made me blush in this book, not that they were inappropriate, I'm just not used to it. There are some violently graphic scenes that might bother others, but didn't phase me a bit, so to each his own. Also, as an avid journal writer/blogger, I enjoyed the journal-style of the writing. There were a few times when I felt like the entries were unbelievable, but that's fiction right? Overall, I really liked the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment